Originally built in 1926, the 15-story, historic hotel underwent a design-build renovation and is known as a project catalyst for downtown’s renaissance. The renovation included replacing a 453-room layout with 213 luxury boutique guest rooms and suites. Original gathering spaces such as the Drum Room lounge and ballrooms were restored to their original grandeur.
Prior to the fire and life systems design, a thorough review and analysis was required of the existing systems. The existing manual class II standpipe was modified to an automatic wet standpipe system and reconfigured for the new building layout. Additionally, complete sprinkler design was provided for this previously non-sprinklered building.