At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, sports & venue, corporate, and hospitality.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa, KS office as a Accounts Payable-Billing Specialist working on things like…
- Performing complex accounts payable/receivable functions.
- Coding and processing expense reports. Pay vendors, consultants and employee expenses for our company and maintain/reconcile the accounts payable ledger. Correct billing records as needed.
- Ensuring all accounts payable/receivable documents are compiled according to established procedures.
- Heavy billing for the company, maintaining ledgers and processing transactions.
- Assist teams with electronic client invoicing, project set up needs and client billing inquiries and modifications
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a high school diploma and 5-7 years relevant experience necessary, Associate's Degree is preferred but not required
- Possess advanced-level knowledge of accounts payable practices and billing processes, preferable in the AEC industry.
- Have previous experience utilizing accounting software
- Are proficient in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Have prior experience with Deltek Vision and or Concur will be given priority.
- Have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong organization skills and are detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Are able to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Are team-oriented, flexible, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail)
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006 – 2007, 2009 – 2018 Finalist “Best Places to Work"
- 2009, 2010, 2014 “Champions of Business”
- 2014 “Hall of Champions”
- 2015 – 2016 “Healthiest Employer”
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List” (#12 in 2018)
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List”
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
American Subcontractors Association – Kansas City (ASAKC)
- 2009 “Engineering Firm of the Year”
AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- 2009 “Top Ten Green Projects
AIA Central States
- 2011 “Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture”
ASHE Vista Award for Renovation
- 2018 – Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Illuminating Engineering Society
- 2018 – Illumination Award of Merit (Lenexa Civic Campus)
- 2018 – Illumination Award of Merit (State Farm Center)
Kansas City Chamber of Commerce/Healthy KC Workplace Wellness
- 2017-18 – Platinum Level Healthy KC Certified (highest level)
- 2015-16 – Gold Level Healthy KC Certified
Kansas City Corporate Challenge
- 2016-18 Division D Champions
- 2015, 2012, 2008 Division E Runner-Up
STEMMY Award (Central Exchange)
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.