At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, healthcare, sports and venue, corporate, K-12 and higher education, and restaurant.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa, KS Office as a Code Consultant/Fire Protection Designer working on things like…
- Performing code consulting, egress analysis and fire modeling services for a variety of project types to include large assembly occupancies, mercantile, commercial and federal.
- Conducting timed egress analysis and prepare smoke and fire modeling studies using FDS
- Working with Licensed Fire Protection Engineers with assisting in verifying building/life safety code-related items to include rated construction, means of egress, occupancy classification, etc.
- Having familiarity with both the Life Safety Code and the International Building Codes and applicable referenced standards/codes
- Conducting site visits to identify potential code deficiencies with building, fire and accessibility codes
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of code alternatives to building and fire code officials and appeals boards.
- Using fire protection principles and knowledge of building and fire codes to propose alternative protection methods.
- Writing technical reports, memos and letters to building officials, owners and architects on code related issues
- Providing code assistance and advice to engineers and architects
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Providing coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a degree in Fire Protection, Architectural or Mechanical Engineering
- Have at least 7-10+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Fire Dynamics Simulator, PyroSim, Pathfinder and CONTAM modeling software
- At least willing/able to travel up to 20-25% to different site locations – local and national
- Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
- Are highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development ( We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Kansas City Chamber of Commerce/Healthy KC Workplace Wellness
- 2017 - Platinum Level Healthy KC Certified (Highest Level)
- 2016, 2015 - Gold Level Healthy KC Certified
Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006 – 2007, 2009 – 2018 Finalist “Best Places to Work"
- 2009, 2010, 2014 “Champions of Business”
- 2014 “Hall of Champions”
- 2015 – 2016 “Healthiest Employer”
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.