At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, corporate and restaurants.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa, KS (suburb of Kansas City) office as a Senior Mechanical Engineer working on things like…
- Technical oversight and quality control on Engineered Lead / Design Build assigned projects
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the Mechanical design standards, details and specifications for the Engineered Lead / Design Build projects.
- Working as a team on projects and, therein, assist both the Engineering and Design Build teams on projects to maintain both technical and client expectations
- Assisting as needed with the coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
- Traveling for detailed site investigations and client meetings as needed
- Training and mentoring those lesser experienced engineers as well as being mentored in to further roles and responsibilities in the future
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering
- Have at least 10+ years of related MEP experience
- Experience in Healthcare design is strongly preferred
- Are a capable and driven engineer with designing healthcare projects such as Emergency Departments, Behavior Health, Imaging Suites, Central Plants, Central Processing, Operation Rooms, Patient Exam Rooms
- Successful verbal and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of building mechanical codes and the ability to perform accurate calculations
- Have strong mechanical/HVAC design capability in healthcare, commercial; or related markets
- Have knowledge of healthcare building mechanical codes (such as USP 797/800, ASHRAE 170)
- Knowledge and experience should include air-side design for healthcare, chilled/heating water systems design, preferably steam design
- Understand FGI and NFPA related to healthcare
- Have knowledge and experience with general healthcare systems design including non-mechanical items (medical gases, generators, basic electrical distribution, basic plumbing)
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit is a benefit
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadline while maintaining quality design
Let's Talk Perks...
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development ( We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2015 “Healthiest Employer”
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work”
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.