At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, grocery and restaurants.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa HQ office as a Lead Mechanical Designer/Engineer working on things like…
- Technical design and quality control on assigned projects
- Running HVAC load calculations and select equipment
- Assisting in the production of construction documents (drawing and specifications) for new buildings, renovations and additions to existing facilities
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Ability to discuss systems and equipment with architects, owners, and contractors
- Providing coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering
- Have at least 8+ years of relevant building systems design experience - preferably in practices like K-12, Higher Education, Mixed Use, and HealthCare
- Have, in lieu of a degree, possess at least 12 or more years of closely related HVAC design experience within the MEP industry
- Possess PM or Lead experience - Need someone who can tackle project from Start to Finish and still have some passion for jumping in with design if needed
- Enjoy leading and mentoring staff
- Love interacting with clients both verbally and in writing to communicate throughout entire life cycle of the project(s)
- Have knowledge of building mechanical codes and the ability to perform accurate load calculations
- Have knowledge of sustainable design practices
- Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
- Are highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit - required
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
- PE license preferred but not required
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development ( We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2016 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006, 2007, 2009, 2016, 2017 Finalist "Best Places to Work"
- 2009, 2010, 2014 "Champion of Business"
- 2014 "Hall of Champions"
- 2015-2017 "Healthiest Employer"
- 2008-2018 - ENR Top 500 Design Firms
Building Design + Construction
- 2010-2016 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 – Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 – Ranked #7 on “Top 60 Engineering Firms List”, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2011-2017 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
- AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- 2009 “Top Ten Green Projects
Kansas City Chamber of Commerce/Healthy KC Workplace Wellness
- 2017 - Platinum Level Healthy KC Certified (Highest Level)
- 2016, 2015 - Gold Level Healthy KC Certified
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.