At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in grocery, higher education, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Phoenix office as an Electrical Engineer - PE working on things like…
- Leading the technical design on assigned projects, including supervisory responsibilities for electrical staff
- Managing and designing projects in sports and recreation, higher education, corporate, labs, public safety/judicial, retail and grocery that positively impact your community
- Helping design drawings and specifications for new buildings and for renovations and additions to existing facilities
- Maintaining project schedules
- Assisting in the coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Developing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Attending construction site observations and construction administration
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Possess your degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering and have at least 7+ years of electrical/power/lighting design in the MEP market, specifically in retail or other commercial projects
- Have worked in the sports and recreation, higher education, corporate, labs, public safety/judicial, grocery or retail practice in some capacity or a desire to learn that practice
- Possess your PE license
- Are comfortable and passionate about managing projects and clients both internally and externally
- Love the opportunity to wear lots of hats and work together as a team
- Have experience in the design of building electrical systems
- Have knowledge of building electrical, lighting, low-voltage and NEC energy codes and compliance
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit MEP and related engineering modeling tools
- Passionate about designing systems for the end user to be successful
- Enjoy walking through a construction site, seeing your designs being built, and being proud of the work that you do
- Like to develop solutions on the fly and solve problems for the built environment
- Feel that giving back to the community and serving others are not just words on paper, but every day action items
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Phoenix Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist “Best Places to Work”
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.