At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in healthcare, retail and sports.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa KS - HQ office as a Commissioning Technician working on things like...
- Create owner project requirements, construction plans and specifications
- Review drawings and maintains a record of comments
- Generate checklists and tests for equipment
- Make site visits to complete pre-functional test checklists
- Generate site observation and issues reports
- Review equipment submittals and maintains a record of comments
- Perform testing, adjusting and balancing tasks, which includes adjusting air and hydronic systems
- Makes site visits to complete functional performance tests
- Generate site observation and issues reports
- Generate final reports
- Make site visits to troubleshoot issues
- Assess equipment operation and conditions
- Generate reports summarizing visits, equipment conditions and recommendations
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Setup projects and folders
- Evaluates budgets to determine the proper allocation of resources and time for each job
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you have...
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of engineering preferred. Common examples include Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection, or Architectural Engineering
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- A Commissioning certification preferred (NEBB TAB Tech or Cx Tech)
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or 5-7+ years of professional experience in commissioning or testing/balancing required
- Previous commissioning or testing/balancing experience preferred
- The ability to reliably and predictably carry out the functions of this job
- A strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are able to work with some degree of independence but may require frequent supervision and mentoring
- Are able to understand drawings and specifications and how they translate into a building
- An understanding of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial, institutional and light industrial facilities as they relate to commissioning
- Basic knowledge of Automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, plumbing, fire alarm/life safety systems, lighting and lighting controls, and test and balance
- An understanding of ASHRAE, ACG and LEED commissioning requirements
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit and Bluebeam
- The ability to read and understand Blueprints
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.