At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in healthcare, retail and sports.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Dallas office as a Commissioning Agent working on things like...
- Execute building commissioning and retro-commissioning tasks on projects to include:
- field observation and testing
- report generation
- project planning
- OPR Generation
- MEPF Drawings Reviews/Comment Generation
- Commissioning Plan Generation and Presentation
- Perform field observations and testing of building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting, technology, security and fire systems
- Execute installation verification and functional performance testing on-site for multiple project types
- Create written reports to document system performance deficiencies
- Assist in the creation of testing documentation and project planning
- Lead and direct others in the commissioning process, including General Contractors and Design Team Members
- Develop and maintain client relationships - This is a huge plus!
- Serve as a third-party entity responsible to the client/end user. Interface with design teams to assist in meeting the established projects goals
- Perform troubleshooting and/or provide resolution for MEPF Systems
- Perform MEPF site surveys
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you...
- Have a degree in Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Construction Engineering/Management and 4-6+ years of experience OR at least 8-10+ years of MEPF commissioning experience in lieu of degree
- Have experience in the automation and controls systems of HVAC systems, plumbing, fire alarm/life safety systems, lighting and lighting controls and test and balance
- Possess ASHRAE, ACG, NEBB and/or LEED commissioning certification (required)
- Have experience with design of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial, institutional and light industrial facilities as they relate to commissioning
- Have experience with systems such as PlanGrid and Building Test for development of project reports
- Are willing to travel for projects in the northeast region at least 25%
- Are someone who has strong leadership qualities and can be the clients 3rd party entity
- Are able to handle stressful and sometimes heated discussions
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 - #8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 - #4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: #142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.