At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in retail, corporate and restaurants.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Downtown Los Angeles Office as a Senior Mechanical or Electrical Engineer working on things like…
- Taking on the PM responsibility for the delivery of successful healthcare projects
- Leading a project and design efforts from concept design through completion
- Prioritizing and executing multiple tasks including preparing proposals and contracts, develop and maintain project schedules, monitoring project performance, and regular maintenance of project progression.
- Able to maintain a strong team comradery while delegating tasks for results-focused efficiency.
- Being an active mechanical designer on the projects managed to efficiently lead a multi-discipline team.
- Utilizing effective client service skills and providing a key communication link for project coordination.
- Maintaining positive client relationships
- Traveling for detailed site investigations and client meetings as needed
- Training and mentoring those lesser experienced engineers as well as being mentored in to further roles and responsibilities in the future
- Regularly attend local healthcare professional organization events.
- Work with healthcare practice director and leaders for client and technical related discussions and content.
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering
- Possess at least 8-15+ years of experience in electrical design on commercial building projects
- Have a PE license (preferred)
- Have advanced proficiency in technical knowledge, the A&E industry, codes, and standards relating to a broad range of practice or project types
- Are experienced with high rise, mixed-use, OSHPD, or venue projects
- Understand the design process and excel at coordinating design and design delegation
- Enjoy training and mentoring electrical staff
- Have knowledge of building electrical and energy codes
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are highly proficient in the use of Revit MEP, BIM 360, and engineering modeling tools
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
Let's Talk Perks...
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development ( We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as recruiting+ (job ID number)@applytojob.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at email@example.com to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.