At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in corporate, luxury retail, and fine dining.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Phoenix, AZ office as an Electrical Designer/Engineer working on things like…
- Electrical technical design and quality control on assigned projects in a variety of practices, including grocery, civic, corporate, and higher education
- Assisting in the production of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for new buildings, and for renovations and additions to existing facilities
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Providing coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Possess 4+ years of relevant professional experience in electrical/power/lighting design
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering, a technical degree or certification and strong relevant experience may commensurate for bachelor's degree
- Have a strong working knowledge of generators, lighting and electrical controls, and energy codes
- Are proficient in Revit MEP and/or AutoCAD MEP
- Possess a Professional Engineering (PE) license - preferred not required
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
- Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2019 - #1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail)
- 2019 - #2 Engineering Firm (Overall)
- 2019 - #2 Engineering Firm (Federal)
- 2019 - #3 Engineering Firm (Healthcare)
- 2019 - #4 Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2019 - #5 Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2019 - #6 Engineering Firm (Multi-housing)
- 2010-2019 - “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2019 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2019: #140)
- 2018 - ERN Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Phoenix Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist - "Best Places to Work"
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 - Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm; #2 Retail Engineering Firm; #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm; #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 – Ranked #6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 – Ranked #7 on “Top 60 Engineering Firms List”, Ranked #34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked #2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2019 “Top 20 MEP Giants List” (2019: #13)
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2019 - Ranked #8 on "Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List"
- 2018 – Ranked #7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List”
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2019 – Ranked #3 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2019” list
- 2018 – Ranked #6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018” list
AIA Central States
- 2011 “Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture”
ASHE Vista Award for Renovation
- 2018 – Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Arizona Commercial Real Estate & Development Award
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as recruiting+ (job ID number)@applytojob.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.